WE WILL BE CLOSED FROM JUNE 7 - 24.
NO ORDERS WILL SHIP BETWEEN THOSE DATES.
There had to be a way of faking a bullet hit for movies, TV and theatres without explosives!
WE SHIP THIS ITEM WORLD WIDE!
During the years we have rigged hundreds of explosive squibs on actors (and in walls, on the ground, under sugar packets etc) and it always struck us how this dangerous practice never seemed to evolve. From the 1930's there was common practice to let an explosive charge simulate a bullet - just missing - or hitting - an actor.
This was a dangerous business. Shrapnel flew out from the charge, sometimes damaging actors, hitting camera crew, damaging expensive camera lenses and even damaging the actor being "hit" as he/she accidentally held her hands in front of the squib when it fired.
For theatrical productions, safety was even worse: The actor sometimes had to walk around with the squib attached to his body for a long time preceding his unfortunate death. During time, the hit would move or even topple over, badly injuring the actor when it was finally detonated. In some cases the blood bag prematurely burst due to friction - sending blood down the shirt of a very surprised actor!
Air Squib Description:
How to use the Air Squib:
Note: System has been updated to A23 battery not CR batteries in the transmitter as shown.
Black straps are provided, not red.
This technique of electrically detonating explosives on the body of an actor has not changed from the beginning of showing bullets striking actors. Why? This is clearly a dangerous business (when else are you allowed to strap explosives to another person?) and we thought we would come up with something creative, safe, cheap and realistic-looking, that almost anyone could rig. The air-squib allows you to simulate bloody bullet hits in actors in a safe, economic and portable way. No need for long wires as the unit is self contained and you can easily hidden on an actors’ waist, on a leg or behind the back. The bloody ”hit” is set off with a radio control transmitter.
These are some of the advantages:
. No need for expensive professional special effects people. Rig the hits yourself.
- 2. You do not need an explosives licences. No need to use heavy storage containers. No need for stand-by nurses.
- 3. Very silent - great for ”scared actors” or jittery animals afraid of loud noise. This means you will not have to hand out dozens of ear-plugs to a crew anymore! (Add sound effects in post-production.)
- 4., Minimal weight on the shirt means it’s easier than ever for you to hide the hit on the shirt. You will look like a pro!
- 5. Fake blood is shot between the fibres of the shirt - meaning that clothes are unharmed and can be reused after washing. You will gain respect by creating a bloody hit without damaging the shirt. Imagine how happy the producers will be if you are doing a 50 performance theatre production!
- 6. For the first time, you can ”shoot” people at re-enactments - and you won’t damage their precious costumes (well, they have to be washed...)
- 7. Will allow you to create smokey hits, dust hits, blood hits or pulsating blood wounds. One unit will transform you into a one-man army, creating all the hits a director could need.
- 8. Developed by professional special effects technician.
THIS ORDER AREA IS FOR ORDERS DELIVERED TO AUSTRALIA ONLY.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE FOR OVERSEAS SHIPPING:
AIR SQUIB BLOOD
A mixture of several food colors that happen to make the best imitation blood we have seen! Just pour the contents into 500ml (up to 1 lt) of water, and you'll have the perfect looking thin blood for the air squib system…..be it the Bullet Hit system, or any of the optional hand pump versions.
Keep a spare bottle in your tool box and you will be ready for blood on demand.
1 bottle of concentrate $12.00
AIR SQUIB SOUND EFFECT - THE BANG!
This unit synchs to the Air Squib remote, so when you fire the squib, now you can have the BULLET HIT BANG!
Great audible aid for the actor to start his on-camera death scene, also suitable for stage shows to simulate the sound of a firing gun.
The unit consists of a radio receiver, pre-loaded gun shot, powerful amp and speaker. Uses 23A and 9 V battery (included). Also great for rehearsals, doing a "dry run" to work out everything during the shooting scene. $185.00 complete.
Spare Air Squibs and Backing Tapes are always available.
OTHER BLOOD EFFECTS:
Click HERE For:
Professional Blood Capsules
Slow Blood Kit
Artery Pump Fast Blood Kit
Spray Blood In A Can
Blood (mouth safe)
Eye Blood Color