Please refresh page for current information
WE WILL BE CLOSED FROM JUNE 7 - 24.
NO ORDERS WILL SHIP BETWEEN THOSE DATES.
We only sell our products direct. We do not wholesale our products.
70 cm sparklers, amazing 2 1/2 minutes of sparkle! I
NOT JUST FOR WEDDINGS! Any celebration. PLEASE…...DO NOT use on days of Total Fire Ban!
Our sparklers are shipped by courier.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO POST SPARKLERS!
As sparklers must go by courier, allow plenty of time to get your delivery. Most deliveries arrive within 5 business days, approximately 12 days to WA, NT.
Sorry, RUSH or URGENT delivery is simply not available.
STREET ADDRESS ONLY, NO PO BOX.
Sparklers make a wonderful accessory in weddings and
parties. Sparklers are finding their way more and more into other types of celebrations. With their scintillating show of sparks, the humble sparkler is now being used to spice up the festivities at parties and weddings across the country.
At some weddings they are held by guests to form either a passageway or a sparkling tunnel for the married couple to pass through or under. They can be stuck into the ground to make a sparkling light-show effect at a reception.
By carefully following the suggestions given here, sparklers can be used in a wide variety of situations and even a first time user will feel safe and confident.
WHAT ARE WEDDING SPARKLERS?
Our Wedding Sparklers are made from a length of mild steel wire, the most common sizes being 70cm in length. The wire core is dipped one or more times in a thick slurry of pyrotechnic composition that, when dry, coats the wire for approximately 2/3 of its length. Good quality, well-made sparklers should have their composition applied in a smooth, even coat without cracks or excessive bumpiness. The wire and the composition should exhibit no signs of rust as the presence of rust indicates sparklers that have been subjected to high moisture conditions. Rusty sparklers will burn only with difficulty, if at all, and should not be used.
the last few years some of the Chinese manufacturers have tried to introduce
sparklers made with a bamboo splint Instead of a metal wire as the core,
a thin section of bamboo has been substituted, sometimes dyed a bright
color. . The problem with the bamboo type is that as they burn, the
bamboo splint becomes charred and is easily broken off in short pieces as the
lit sparkler is waved about in the air. These short charred pieces remain
very hot for some time and as they break off and fall to the ground can cause
burn marks on floors and carpeting. Bamboo sparklers should not be used
indoors for this reason and if outdoors,
they should only be used with care.
Geelong Fireworks only supply metal wire sparklers.
ARE SPARKLERS DANGEROUS TO USE?
As with anything involving high temperatures, proper supervision of young children and adherence to correct lighting and handling methods is necessary in order to avoid careless accidents.
In order to avoid sparkler surprises on the day of your wedding or party, always test out your chosen sparkler a few weeks beforehand. Try some of the different lighting methods and decide which one will work the best for the event. If children will be present, decide how the sparklers will be handed out so that there will not be any possibility of unsupervised use of the items.
One of the first things people notice about sparklers (especially large gold sparklers) is that they are rather hard to light. Trying to light them with matches or in windy conditions is often next to impossible and can be very frustrating. The following lighting suggestions should make the job easier. Children must always be closely supervised when using anything involving combustible material.
1. Pick a location out of the wind to do the lighting
2. Never attempt to light more that one sparkler at a time. Even one sparkler when it first lights can be rather surprising in that it does not come on slowly but instead bursts to life in a halo of sparks. Trying to light a bundle of sparklers all at one time can be unsafe.
3. Do not use paper or stick matches to light sparklers. Sparklers often require a fairly long period of time to light once the ignition source is applied to the tip of the sparkler. Matches generally do not burn long enough to raise the composition of the sparkler to its ignition point. Additionally, the hand of someone attempting to use matches will be uncomfortably close to the sparkler when it does light.
4. Butane lighters, barbecue lighters and propane torches can be used. Especially safe are lighters in which the flame is away from the hand holding the lighter. Gas or charcoal barbecues can also be used. The "instant on," push-button type propane torches (these are equipped with piezoelectric igniters), if available, are the quickest and best lighting method
5. By far the easiest method when lighting multiple sparklers at one time is to ignite just one sparkler using a butane or propane lighter and then using that sparkler to light other sparklers in turn. Having one person be the "designated lighter" and lining up everyone else in a row, each with sparkler in hand makes it very simple to light and quickly move down the line. Sparklers lit with another sparkler will light almost instantly and hands are situated well back from the burning ends.
6. Hold the sparkler horizontally or with the tip slightly lowered when lighting.
7. Always light a sparkler at the tip furthest away from the bare wire handle.
HANDLING SPARKLERS ONCE LIT
1. Always keep lit sparklers at arm's length, away from the face, body, or clothing of yourself or people nearby.
2. Good quality sparklers should burn in a continuous, smooth, even progression down the length of the coated portion of the wire, and should not have to be re-ignited at any point.
3. A sparkler can safely be waved about in front of the person holding it, as long as there is adequate room to avoid contact with other people or objects. Lit sparklers should never be held in close proximity to the face or eyes. Young children should be monitored so that they do not throw sparklers, or run into a sparkler being waved by another person.
4. As with anything involving fire, such as cigarettes, matches, or lighters, sparklers are very hot when burning, especially at the point where the composition is adhered to the wire. Never bring the burning sparkler in close contact with any other material, as it will leave scorch marks or possibly ignite the material. Be especially aware of highly flammable materials, such a gasoline, hair spray, nail polish or alcohol that may be in the vicinity. Do not attempt to use sparklers in proximity to these types of substances.
DISPOSING OF SPENT SPARKLERS
1. Sparklers will remain hot for a length of time after they have stopped burning. Users should be cautioned never to grab or touch the burned portion of a sparkler after it has completed its effect, as the residue will be unpleasantly hot. Have a bucket filled with water or sand, or a metal tray available as a place for people to dispose of the burned out sparkler wires.
2. Once cool, the spent sparkler wires can be safely disposed of in the trash.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is the best size sparkler for parties or weddings?
A: In order to allow enough time for everyone to get their sparkler lit and have them all burning simultaneously, the best size is the 70cm sparkler. 20cm and 25cm are generally too short in duration and 90cm are usually too bulky for large groups and burn far too long to be safe.
Q: Can I paint my sparkler to match my party color theme?
Painted sparklers. Red, Gold, Blue, Silver.
A: Yes, sparklers are normally gray in color, but can be lightly spray-painted whatever color you want. Choose good quality spray paint, such as Krylon, and remember to use a light, even coat. Let them dry out for a couple of days. One way is to stand them up in a pot of sand to dry. Always try a test sample before the big event to avoid unnecessary surprises.
I ordered some sparklers from you on Wednesday and they arrived on Monday. I could not believe they have arrived so fast. Thank you for being so speedy…...
I told my son he and his fiancée could each test one out to see how long they light and what they will look like at night. Of course, they could be addictive and the whole box of the 96 sparklers could be used up well before the wedding… :-)
Thank you again. Bev
Street address only, no PO Box.
Due to shipping requirements (to get the best rate for size/quantity, so our cost to you is low!) our 70cm sparklers are only available in boxes of 96. If you need more than 96, get an extra box…they keep for years if kept dry!
96 sparklers $120.00 !!!!!!!! (price includes shipping anywhere in Australia).
Pick up is not available. Due to OH&S requirements, our warehouse is not open to the public.
(sold elsewhere 50 for $90!)
YOUR HEART'S ON FIRE!
10 cm diameter heart shaped sparklers.
Pack of 5 $7.50 Burn time is approximately 35 seconds as per video.
Heart Sparklers are subject to our standard shipping charges:
If you total order from this website is over $100.00, free shipping. Under $100.00, $17.50 shipping is added at checkout.
Special Note regarding freight to remote locations
We reserve the right to refund in full all payments made for orders that incur excessive freight cost due to the location. I.e. this applies to some remote locations around Australia. If the cost of freight is excessive, we will give the buyer the option to pay extra freight to cover costs via a manual PayPal payment request.
CHECK WITH YOUR WEDDING PLANNER/CHURCH/RECEPTION BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE THEY ALLOW SPARKLERS.
Please note: WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS OF SPARKLERS
We do not "wholesale" any of our products.