Breakaway props are for PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY!  It can still cut you if used incorrectly.

Breakaway glass used to be called “sugar glass”….molten sugar was poured into moulds, cooled and you have your breakaway prop.  Problem was it would soften under stage/film lighting, in cars, and attracted ants and any other insects that liked sugar.

Now-a-days, a very specific curable plastic resin is used to make the glass.

Unlike sugar glass, breakaway glass cannot be swallowed.

IF adding liquid, eg stage blood,  no more than 30 ml to a beer bottle and pour down the side of the bottle, as if pouring a beer in reverse ! Make sure the bottle and stage blood are both at room temperature.

Contact us for more information on using breakaways.