Sparklers make a wonderful accessory in weddings and parties. Sparklers are finding their way more and more into other types of celebrations. With their scintillating show of sparks, the humble sparkler is now being used to spice up the festivities at parties and weddings across the country.
At some weddings they are held by guests to form either a passageway or a sparkling tunnel for the married couple to pass through. They can be stuck into the ground to make a sparkling light-show effect at a reception.
Our Sparklers at White Night Melbourne
Our sparklers are made from a length of mild steel wire, the wire core is dipped one or more times in a thick slurry of pyrotechnic composition that, when dry, coats the wire for approximately 2/3 of its length. Good quality, well-made sparklers should have their composition applied in a smooth, even coat without cracks or excessive bumpiness.
The wire and the composition should exhibit no signs of rust as the presence of rust indicates sparklers that have been subjected too high moisture conditions. Rusty sparklers will burn only with difficulty, if at all, and should not be used. Sparklers are for outdoor use only and CANNOT be carried with you or put in your luggage on ANY aeroplane.
ARE SPARKLERS DANGEROUS TO USE?
As with anything involving high temperatures, proper supervision of young children and adherence to correct lighting and handling methods is necessary in order to avoid careless accidents.
In order to avoid sparkler surprises on the day of your wedding or party, always test out your chosen sparkler a few weeks beforehand. Try some of the different lighting methods and decide which one will work the best for the event. If children will be present, decide how the sparklers will be handed out so that there will not be any possibility of unsupervised use of the items. Our instruction sheet is included with every order.
What colour are the sparks? Sparks are GOLD in colour. Many years ago you could get silver sparklers…but these are no longer produced.
Are sparklers smoky? When you light a wedding sparkler, there will certainly be a tiny puff of smoke that is created. However, it is a very negligible amount. After the initial lighting, they burn without creating any noticeable amounts of smoke. So, they are as close to smoke-free as is humanly possible. However the more humid it is, the more chance of a smoky sparkler.
Is There Really Such a Thing as a Smokeless Sparkler? To put it bluntly, no. All wedding sparklers put out a small amount of smoke, so technically there’s no such thing as a smokeless sparkler. . There’s simply no way to avoid this. After all, you are lighting something on fire! So, they are as close to smoke-free as is humanly possible. Just be weary of any company offering NO smoke sparklers for wedding because they are selling you magic beans.
Best way to light your sparklers? A jet flame lighter.